Now how’s about this for a pancake stack?!
Everything about this is so, SO right: layers of super fluffy and moist coconut delights, slathered with creamy yoghurt and served up with a side of warm and juicy cinnamon baked pear.
If that’s not the dream weekend breakfast treat, then I don’t know what is. Just throw a pamper session to follow along and a good read in to the equation, and this (to me) is the perfect Saturday morning. Enjoy!
- 1 pear
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2tsp wholegrain spelt flour
- 2tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 50 ml almond milk (or more if you like them thinner)
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Goats yoghurt/coconut yoghurt/natural yoghurt
- ½ ripe banana
- 1tsp rice malt syrup/maple syrup
- Chop up the pear sideways and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes until soft and hot.
- Whilst you’re waiting, add the buckwheat flour, spelt flour, coconut and baking powder in to a bowl and stir.
- Crack in the egg with the almond milk and vanilla essence and stir well until the whole mixture is combined.
- Heat up the hob on a medium heat and spoon the mixture in to a non stick frying pan. (Use coconut oil if you don’t have a non stick one!) Make them quite small so you can easily stack them at the end… About 1½ tablespoon’s worth makes the perfect size.
- Cook for 2 minutes and flip, allowing each side to go a nice golden colour. Place each pancake on a plate before adding a layer of goats yoghurt on top. Do this until it forms a beautiful pancake tower!
- Top with the banana, sultanas and pecans and serve up the pear on the side once cooked.
- Drizzle with the maple/rice syrup and sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon for good measure.
- Take a bite, close your eyes and appreciate the miracle that you have just created.