These zesty bad boys are an all round pleaser; particularly when devoured hot cuppa Joe in the AM or a creamy dollop of co-yo for a perfectly innocent indulgence, any time of day.
The fact that they are 100% gluten, grain, refined sugar AND dairy free just happens to be a bonus. Given their moist, light and coconutty centre – it’s hard to believe that these muffins are actually a protein powerhouse, full of vitamin C and hella body loving fats to make a perfect pick me up snack.
Yep, the time has come to get yo’ bake on…
- 200g ground almonds
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Dash of sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 3tbsp coconut oil
- 2tbsp raw honey/maple syrup/rice malt syrup
- ½ cup almond/oat milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and combine the ground almonds, coconut, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Zest the lemon and add to the mix, stirring well.
- In a pan, heat up the coconut oil until melted. Crack the eggs in to a separate bowl and whisk well, adding in the coconut oil, juice of the lemon and honey.
- Add this mix to the dry ingredients and whisk. This will form a doughy consistency, however once you pour in the almond milk it will turn it in more of a muffin mix!
- Transfer in to a silicone muffin tray (or muffin cases if you’d prefer) and bake in the oven for approx 15-20 minutes, until the tops are nice and golden.
- Don’t even wait for these babies to cool. Dive in.