‘MEEEEEE AAAAAND TUNA, TUNA STEAK! WE GOT A THIIIIING GOING ON…’
Uh-huh, it’s official: I have well and truly been HOOKED (get it?) on my tuna steak lately – and I can’t see my mad love for it fading anytime soon, either.
Oh-SO succulent in taste and ridiculously easy to prepare; the classy tuna steak might be a little more on the pricey side, but I can clarify that is so worth splurging on for a real quick and easy mid-week that brings home ALL the spring flavour.
Here I have kept things simple by pan frying it up and serving atop hot crushed seasonal potatoes, sauteed greens and of course an obligatory side of crunchy-sweet asparagus. What’s not to like?
You can take this recipe as a damn fine example of how selecting a few basic and seasonal ingredients can create something so truly special; a dish that actually makes you want to slow and down and savour your food as opposed to wolfing it down mindlessly in front of the TV. Let me tell you – that sexy tuna steak right there deserves to be appreciated, and it is sure as hell isn’t going to settle for anything less!
So rustle this bad boy up, set the table nice and soak up the all that awesomeness.
The garlicky potatoes, sweet greens and tender tuna will take you straight to foodie HEAVEN; think minimal effort, maximum flavour. Now that’s my kinda dish!
- 2 pole + line caught tuna steaks
- 1 lemon
- pink salt + cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 200g new potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 spears asparagus
- 4 handfuls spinach
- 100g frozen peas
- Wash and steam the new potatoesfor 20 minutes until tender and put to one side.
- Mix the juice of the lemon with the salt, pepper and one of the garlic cloves in a small glass and cover the tuna steaks with it on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tuna steaks on each side until cooked as you like, turning half way. Put on a hot dish to keep warm for a few minutes whilst you prep the veg.
- Simply crush the potatoes in a bowl, season well and throw in the pan with the garlic, spinach and peas until wilted.
- Steam the asparagus and serve up with the potatoes, veg and tuna. Drizzle some olive oil and lemon on top and season it up!