Something strange has been happening to me lately. I can’t stop craving red meat. Like – All. The. Time.
It’s true: I have literally gone from being satisfied with mountainous portions of vegetables/vegan proteins and fish to steering more towards simple bowl combos that involve some form of juicy, shamelessly-lick-the-bowl-clean worthy red meat. Perhaps it is simply my body’s way of telling me I need the B-vits and iron? Given the fact that my recent Bioresonance sessions have indicated that until my gut completely heals, I will have trouble absorbing both of those nutrients – I’m going to take a wild guess and say that this whole new craving thing probably isn’t just a coincidence.
It goes with out saying that what the body wants, the body sure as hell is gonna GET!
These simple throw together beef burgers are not only easy AF to rustle up, but they are also incredibly versatile. Go ahead and treat yourself to a high quality pack of organic grass fed beef mince (this is important, as the meat will be waaay higher in the beneficial omegas), throw in your fave herbs and spices and heat up the grill – rest assured this is not going to take you long, my friends.
And if you want to score some extra gut loves wins – try pairing them with a generous spoonful of sauerkraut (that’s fermented cabbage, if you’re new to the whole gut health the game) to provide a whole array of good bacteria to boost your digestion and immune system with every tantalising bite. I also like to throw in some avocado, coriander and red onion in there too for a quick bite, which I can hiiiighly recommend.
So once you have whipped up a batch, keep them sealed up nice and safe in the fridge for the next few days so you can help yourself to them as and when. I can’t tell you how handy they are for those days when you’re pushed for time and want a quick hit of protein to add to whatever your salad combo may be! Whether they are paired up with a helping of comforting roasted root veg, simple greens or inside a big PHAT bun with all the sauce you could possibly desire – these guys have well and truly got your back.
I like to get down and dirty with my hands to make them – but if you’d rather keep it clean, you can use a commercial burger press to get the perfect shape, like this one right here.
As always I would love to get your thoughts on this recipe – and if you happen to try them out then I would love for you to get snap happy on the gram. Tag me over on @sophiesblend!
- 500g organic grass fed beef mince
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried herbs (oregano, rosemary, parsley, basil)
- a GOOD sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- to serve: sauerkraut, avocado slices + fresh coriander (optional)
- Add the beef, herbs, spices, salt and pepper in to a bowl and use your hands to combine - ensuring all the ingredients are completely combined. Form 6 burgers and place on a plate.
- Heat the grill to a medium high heat and add the oil to a pan before placing under to get real nice and hot. Once reached a good temp, use some tongs to grill the burgers on either side until cooked through - around 5 minutes on each.
- Serve up straight away with whatever your stomach desires, or allow to cool before storing in a seal tight container to refrigerate. Enjoy!