Decadent, indulgent and pure delicious: You would think that by the look (and the taste, for that matter) that this bad boy is nothing but a refined sugar and dairy overload – but don’t let it fool you…
Raw, vegan and jam packed with superfood goodness – this ice cream is one hell of an antioxidant powerhouse and even boasts mood boosting properties to ease you through the hard days. Or the good. Pretty much any day, really.
Just think of it as your new best friend on those nights where Netflix alone simply isn’t complete until you have some kinda indulgence at hand. I mean, it’s kind of obligatory…
So, who’s jumping on the sweet potato ice cream band wagon with me?
- ¼ large sweet potato, baked and skin removed
- 1 small ripe banana
- ½ cup oat/almond/nut milk of choice
- 3tsp cacao powder
- 1tsp maca powder
- 1tsp rice malt syrup/maple syrup/raw honey
- 2 dates
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Cacao Nibs
- Desiccated Coconut
- Optional: almond/good quality peanut butte
- Simply blend all the ingredients up until it forms a smooth mix.
- Place in the freezer for an hour so it becomes ice cold and ‘soft serve’ like.
- Alternatively, freeze over night and allow to melt a little before serving up (although I think we all know that would be too big a challenge for our will powers).
- Serve with strawberries and sprinkle on cacao nibs and coconut for an extra crunch.
- Dive in!